Skip to main content

Kid Playing with the Otter

I have been wanting to update my blog but my work has been pretty hectic that I haven't been able to do so. I promised myself I would write about our Clan Reunion but after a few start had to forego for the rush tasks...whew, some took time coz it really was not my forte.

Had to embed this though because I needed to share this video of a really cute kid in red t-shirt running around...at first you would think he is just running but then you will notice the otter racing along with him. Coincidence? Nah! See when the kid suddenly turns around, the otter does the same thing and the kid turns around again abruptly, like he was faking it out, and so does the otter. Love hearing the kid's laughter and of course the people around him found it really funny, too. With kids these days so focused on the Net and videos it is nice to see the fun there is still in visiting the zoo as well as the innocent fun a child could have with an animal.

As summer is almost gone here in the Philippines, I wished we could have had the time to visit the zoo (there is only 1 zoo in our place)but then the kids were all busy with their sports activities like soccer and basketball. My niece and nephew joined the soccer clinic that was sponsored in our town and though they did not have a complete sports apparel they still enjoyed playing. And they love the fact that they received a shirt from our town's football club. And of course with the hot days of summer swimming was something they really asked for.

Of course, I fervently hope that someday they will also have the time to experience what the young kid did...I just wonder if they would feel the same enjoyment the kid had with the otter. See for yourself how the otter raced with the little boy in red.

Popular posts from this blog

25 Manners You Should Teach Your Kids

While reading some parenting articles, I read this one article about manners that I knew I had to blog about it. Kids are easy enough to teach manners, it's actually following it up that sucks. Because when they see somebody else doing something really gross but funny they tend to do the same thing...that is when it's crucial to say it is wrong. If they get away with it even just once then they will do it again. Pin It Parents tend to let them get away with it, especially when they do it in public and some people find it hilarious. Make no mistake about it, there are people who find it really funny when a kid burps so loud, well, this still falls under manners right? Seriously though, at my age, I still tell my dad where am going and how late I will be home and I expect my son to do the same thing...for me that is simple courtesy. And up until now, I remind my son to say thank you (he does say thank you normally but sometimes when busy he seems to forget). Not reminding h

Remembering 9/11: The Legacy of Marie Rose Abad

The Americans in the US were not the only ones paying tribute to their loved ones who perished in the different events that made up what we call the tragedy that changed the world, Sept 11. Maybe unbeknownst to many Filipinos, there was one American married to a Filipino who died that day. And her legacy lives on in a once squalid and reeking with garbage slum in Manila turned into an orderly village that bears her name with 50 brightly one-storey colored homes built in her memory by her husband. As the world pays tribute to their fellowmen in the US, residents of Marie Rose Abad GK Village offered roses, balloons, and prayers for their benefactor. According to her Philippine-born American husband Rudy, he had it built in her memory in 2004 as a tribute to their 26 years of marriage and her unfulfilled desire to help the poor in the Philippines. This she saw when they first came here in 1989. After having described to her the Philippines as a paradise, they were appalled to see t

Things A Son Should Know Before He Turns 18 and Leaves Your Side

Family and friends know how much I love making lists. From list of things to do to list of things to live by and lists of what to buy today or in the near future. I write articles with all kinds of lists that have included the list of the most beautiful liberal art colleges to smart and beautiful politicians and even the most worthy WAGS. So when I read an article with a list of what one mom believed she must give/teach her son, I loved it. Though I do not remember if it was a blog post or an article but it certainly stayed in my mind and I vowed that one day I would make one for my son. As my son grows older there is a certain satisfaction in me because we have come this far but there is also a degree of fear that my kind of rearing may have done a damage or two. Looking at my son and how he interacts with society, I think I can give myself a pat because he turned out right. Still, I can’t help but worry that in the future he might make a mistake. Am not saying he is not entit